View Single Post
Old 26-04-2021, 02:02 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You make it harder than it is ... Look around to what others do on this site. Try your 667x500; that seems okay.
Except that I did just that and it also got deleted.

I'm not making it hard. I'm requesting that it be an exact amount. That's not hard. That's what is done for the avatar image we all use. The site has a set limit on size, whether by pixels or by file-size.

In fact, here's the text straight from that part of your control panel for editing your avatar image:

Quote:
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 24.4 KB (whichever is smaller).

The same could be set for images used throughout the site. But, I don't know programming and don't know the extent of the work needed to do that, only that it can be done.

A "rule of thumb" or "use common sense" isn't good enough. As I have said, I use a big monitor (screen resolution set to 1920x1080 pixels). Technically, by today's standards, it's a "medium" sized screen. I know plenty of photographers, gamers, and graphic artists who use much larger screens. That "rule of thumb" of sizing an image to 1/4 or 1/3 of the screen size would still be too large for the current objection to "huge" images.