View Single Post
Old 24-08-2020, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
There was a person here a long time ago who did not believe anyone else existed. That's a philosophy some have. But then these people who believe this die eventually and we are still here existing without them so they did not create everything. So we know their philosophy is flawed... though they may not.

Well we are merged with this body, so in it, until it stops working and we leave it. So while a human, our point of reference is inside this form and body with it's endlessly "talking" mind. But then there is a way to be outside it in a sense.

Say we doubt the "dream." Mostly the mental data we are being fed as reality. We come to the conclusion that our entire existence is determined by our brains and senses. We know, can observe, there is actually no past that exists now. So why would it affect us? I think of some fight I had with my partner yesterday and get upset now. Why? It is not happening now at all. So there is some infallible evidence. I can experience what I am thinking about whether of not it is actually present, just a memory or idea needs to be present. What I am thinking about effects my experience. But then I have almost zero control over what I am thinking. So what a mess eh...... but wait, what if I have no relationship with whatever is in my head?... I am indifferent to it. Then what? Then it has no effect on me or on my experience.

The fact we can control the relationship we have with our own thoughts proves we are not thoughts, we are separate. Somebody get's told, "you're an idiot" and gets very mad and upset, another get's told that and ignores it. That's the power we have to create our own reality. We don't have much control over the dream, the talking in our heads, our dreams, our situations, our thoughts, but we can just be with it all without opinion, like being on a ride at Disneyland. We don't control what is present so much, but have total control if we pay it much attention or not, we can be indifferent to it.

But then we don't have to be indifferent to the good stuff, the taste of an apple, or chocolate, to love, a sunset, just be indifferent to the stuff that creates suffering or conflicts. Indifferent to anything that creates a need or want or expectation or desire. Because we want now and ourselves to be perfectly complete and ok as we are right now. To be here now without any conflict in total contentment and peace. It's doable. Just let go of whatever makes it otherwise.

Not me and I have no control over it's creation, so meh.... don't care what it is or presents. Put a puppy on a leash and a lot of conflict is created... let it run free in a field all is well....then even better is it is not my dog, not my puppy... somebody else's so it does not have to concern me at all.

And letting a Puppy run free can cause conflict.