View Single Post
Old 22-01-2021, 02:49 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Yes, I have found something similar to those coincidences happens to me. Perhaps it's just the algorithm of the cosmos, perhaps the algorithm of google. Perhaps it is teachers popping up since the student is ready... who knows. The death and destruction part was interesting. I have heard bits and pieces of Hindu thought on this before and was impressed how it fit in well with modern cosmological theories. Although, there is some question in my mind whether the train out the window is the one moving, or whether its the train I am on. Anyway, like he says in the next part, it doesn't really matter. We don't need to know how the engine works to use the car to get to where we are going. Of course if one is a motorhead, then they may be driven to pop the hood anyway.

I like to compare models and look for patterns, and the models need not be of the same domain. This goes back to another discussion about looking to science for signposts that might be of some value or provide some insight for the spiritual path.

The only thing I'm absolutely certain of is what I really am, and even that is beyond abstraction. Ineffable. Think Descarte except I'd phrase it as I Am therefore I witness (experience). I don't pretend to know how it all works and don't even care because any attempt is a fool's errand. If I, an individuated being, can know the mind of God then He ain't all he's cracked up to be.

How's that for paradox? I'm Atman which is Brahman speaking as an individuated being that's realized my underlying nature yet can't fully explain it in detail. What a way to run a railroad! Next stop - Infinity. https://youtu.be/-b5aW08ivHU LOL!