Thread: Book of Shadows
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 07:54 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Hello Aoitha, Congratulations on starting your training.

I'm surprised that your teacher didn't explain what a Book of Shadows is and what the tradition that she's teaching keeps in it.

Most Witches don't keep a Book of Shadows, they keep a Grimoire. Wiccans keep a Book of Shadows. However, one may call their book what they want to I suppose.

You'll find a good explanation at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Shadows

It explains that a Book of Shadows contains the rituals used by the practitioner or group - the esbats and sabbats - such as the Full Moon Ritual and the rituals for the seasonal festivals (Imbolc, Beltane, Lughnasadh and Samhain and most people also include the equinoxes and solstices.

Then there will be a section for the spells you work and any other rites you do. As well, a section on correspondences and another section for herbs you work with etc.

Keep in mind that some people view Witchcraft as a craft only - performing spells and working magic and other people see it as a religion. There is no reason to rush into spellworking though.

Hope this helps

It surprised me as well,that she did not mention it further, but it was the first lesson and we spoken about a lot of things as well as getting to know the women in the group.I am sure it will come up, and she lives nearby so I can always call her to see her.I did see some stuff online, I guess I am struggling to write things down in it.