View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 11:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Hello moonglow
People having a direct experience of oneness where by they see no edges, feel no separation, from the trees, stars, people, moon or even the moonglow, will be adamant and convincing in their lived, experienced reality. In both ‘feeling’ and seeing, it becomes what it is for them.

In Zen Buddhism, they speak about it as the experience where self and no self merge and what flows from that awareness and being state is ‘the middle path’ .. So the senses, memories and knowledge no longer filter through as seperation but rather the person is living from a ‘state of oneness’ directly.

Anyone, including daz who isn’t experiencing this directly, as his/their own experience would decide through their intellectual knowing of oneness, but still with an awareness of their individuation, but without direct experience, will always wonder why others support this state of being as they do. You cannot argue or challenge direct experience, it’s exactly as it is experienced. For those in this field of reality, they become that field and the reality. Whether it’s a short time or a long time, most often as I’ve experienced with them, it’s often extreme without self concept or individuation because everything falls away and they are immersed in this direct experience of oneness.

Hello JustBe,

Thank you. For me what you share brings an important point. That is Direct Experience.

In these forms of discussion word only describe and express the person and/or the experience and its influences, IMO. Agree, if someone has not directly experienced whatever it may be, then will only remain an idea or projected image, IMO.

This holds true for me as well. Also, find it a bit of a challenge to describe experiences in which words fall short. In which the influence and integration with in the very being can not be fully described. At times, no need for me to do so and some things are just simply meant for me. Some things I know, but can not say how. Just do. Venture to say others know as well in thier own ways.

Simply put, Once seen can not unsee it and once integrated with in my mind it does not go away. May not always pay attention. That is when something comes along to nudge me to remember to notice.

I relate to Zen Buddhism, although not Buddhist myself. Find it very grounding.

I mainly enjoy the exchanges and see the wide range of outlooks. The rainbow reflected through the prism of life.( to be a bit poetic with it)