View Single Post
Old 30-09-2021, 09:38 PM
Lorelyen

One way, which may not appeal to you, is immerse yourself into as much romantic stuff as you can stomach so that you become sick of it. Watch romantic movies, listen to romantic songs, read romantic poetry and novels (Mills & Boon are good for this). You may not get sick of it but you’ll see it for what it is – applied romantics. They don’t last forever and one hopes that appreciation, understanding, and an openness to compromise will take over when it calms down. Do lots of things together with a smile.

But another way is to look back on your own experiences, being VERY honest to see the turning point where prospective males? lost interest will desensitise you. It may make you slightly cynical but that’s often a by-product of desensitising. Ask yourself if your sensitivity isn’t leading you to build up unreasonable expectations, like the Mr Right you met might not seem so right when he’s handing you his soiled undies and socks while you're loading the machine. Just as men should regard women in the same way – the girl who’s terrified of her boy awakening to see her without make-up or with her hair in rollers or some such! I used to think that unless a guy and I can stand naked unashamed before each other then don't bother!

And know that most men are never in touch with their real emotions (it’s to do with upbringing at the point of puberty) so inwardly nod but don’t believe all the words. So deciding that you’re going to be a little more guarded will go a long way to help.

Hedonists often go the same way: SO much ecstasy they get sick of it and life, sex and self-indulgence turns into a search for ordinary life - although I believe that hedonism can have its place in spiritual development in its own right properly appreciated, just as an understanding of romantics can.

I used to be acutely romantic being a Leo but now I look for deeper things…
Good luck.