View Single Post
Old 16-11-2019, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalinikid
OMG, I know. I thought I'd never like another band as much my whole life in my early 20's. How short sighted we can be. Then I kind of grew out of it...I think probably I let them influence me too much in retrospect. Think I'd been better off listening to some nice piano music instead of this sad stuff, but that was how I was feeling at the time . I think I burned a blend of all of Morissey's ego and self loathing into the unconscious of my brain as well as a dose of Rush's libertarian views and some punk rock attitude from my early youth lol.
Eesh, it probably had a similar effect on me, now that you mention it Though in fairness I always thought of Morrissey as something of a kindred spirit anyway (being a fellow Manuncian probably has a lot to do with it), I remember getting into his music after hearing him say in a documentary about his life that he prefered to communicate by fax, as that way he didn't have to talk to people (this was in 2003, mind) - I heard that and thought, 'D'you know what, I think I'll give his music a try!', because I could definitely relate to that, I was hardly a people person myself Thankfully, as you say, you tend to grow out of these things!