View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 07:20 PM
Newbie ;)

What are your dream indicators? (a strategy to become lucid)

A "dream indicator", for anyone who doesn't know, is something that always happens in your dream. These are different for different people. Recognizing these as they are happening is a technique you can use to become lucid. By recognizing, understanding, and becoming conscious of these dream indicators, you can (within your dream) say...
"oh oh, wait a minute, it's that one thing again that only happens when I'm dreaming... I must be dreaming now!"

What are some of your dream indicators? Here are a few of mine....

1. I find myself running on all fours, like a dog or something, using my hands

2. I find myself walking on foot, far far from where I left my car, wondering "why did I leave my car there?"

3. I find myself up very high on something (I have severe phobia of heights), not knowing how I got up there, why I'm there, and not seeing any discernable way to get down. These used to be scary dreams for me, until I became aware that this is a dream indicator.... now I can (almost every time) become lucid when this happens.

4. I have pain in my thighs as I try to walk and have incredible difficulty walking.

5. I find myself in the mall. Lol, I haven't been to a mall in years, I don't know what it is about my dreams and the mall. (I often find #s 4 and 5 combined... finding myself in the mall and it difficult to walk)

6. I find myself at my childhood home. Everything about it might be totally different but I know it's my childhood home.

There may be a couple more I'm forgetting at the moment, but these are my main ones.

I'm curious to know what dream indicators other people have?