View Single Post
Old 30-12-2015, 02:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you very much Raven Poet, I found your reply quite inspiring. :) I agree that the only real way to learn any spiritual knowledge (traditional or otherwise!) is to work for it - to sacrifice - to actually do the rituals. I've began recently a work which will take over a year and a half to complete, doing at least one longish meditation that I invented for myself every day, then praying, and then listening silently for guidance - I have already, after only a few days, had some success with it. My hope is that within a few months I will be able to start having dreams where I can communicate with whatever spirits are out there and want to talk to me, and hopefully within a year or so I will be ready to do something major, like a vision quest or the like, to cement the relationship. But I'm going to go slowly and focus on building up my willpower, which is my greatest weakness, by making sure that I do this meditation every single day, as deeply and intently as I can, thereby proving my devotion to the path. It's going to be hard, but very worth it, and along the way I'm going to learn as much from as many different sources as I can, most especially dreams which are a boundless source of wisdom.