Thread: cigarettes
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyenight
I quit my cocaine habit many years ago , without help (no rehab, no supportive friends/family), yet I am not able to quit smoking. I am surprised, I thought it would have been easy, I thought my mind was powerful

Cigarette/nicotine addiction is the most difficult, insidious physical/psychological addiction on the planet. Much worse than heroin (i have never done heroin but I have read reputable articles stating so). Quitting cigarettes was THE MOST difficult thing I ever had to do in my life.

I would be much more panicked about learning of a minor taking up cigarettes over marijuana and would tell them that if they feel the urge to smoke, to take up marijuana over cigarettes, thats how bad cigarette addiction is.

I don't mean to discourage you here but felt compelled to state the facts for others who may think about taking up cigarette smoking.

Quitting isn't easy but it can be done. I recommend starting up a daily exercise program, meditation and staying focused. The first week is the toughest regarding the physical addiction and after the first month you are well over the hump and just need to be aware of and let go of the psychological urges. Good Luck!