Thread: The Nag Hammadi
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2022, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Other cultures have entirely other stories...there's no Adam and Eve.
I may google that question and see what the theological scholars and
metaphysical 'giants' have said.
I did and read 25 diff creation stories.
So, I'm not gonna start a new thread on this...it can SO easily be googled...no need to waste space here.

The point is, for me, the Genesis story is just that.
A story. Was there really a Tree with forbidden fruit to explain why we got into a pickle of pain in childbirth
and so on .. toiling for our food...maybe.

I think for me
it's better to be in the now, rather than to figure out past things from any imperfect ancient writings.
Quote:
Fourth, the Aramaic language did not use punctuation.
Thank you.

Example, what a difference a comma makes, esp in theological debates. Luke 23:36--
Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise. (Jesus to the criminal to the right.)
Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.

The debate has been...How could that be? That today you will be with him in paradise,
since Jesus went to hell for a few days.

ONE comma...explains it and changed the entire meaning.
Take:
I am the way...
Could have been:
"I Am" is the way...

So, I say, the opinions and conclusions our little pea brains come to are not trustworthy at all!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru