View Single Post
Old 20-09-2022, 02:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
So holding samadhi vs liberating are two separate things, this quote seems to be pointing at that?
At the moment I have a Teacher who is purposely holding onto a few "karmic" things in order to remain here and has demonstrated the body goes into death mode if the samadhi is held too long, so there is a very interesting way this works.
So it seems that being able to hold a samadhi without liberating means you purposely restrict your energy meridians until it is decided to just let go and leave.
What an awesome post ! It's great to hear from some one who understands.

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...5&postcount=95

Having had an mind-boggling, life-transforming NDE (near death experience) many years ago, including an OBE (out-of-body-experience), I can relate well to what you posted.

Your guru has raised a very valid point about the lure of samadhi eventually becoming so great that one no longer has an urge to return attention to one's physical body ... unless one creates karmic bonds and responsibilities intentionally.

Can you elaborate further on your perceived difference between liberation and samadhi as that will take this to an even deeper level.

NOTE: Since my NDE, I have explored the process of death quite intensely. That included a lengthy one-on-one dialogue with a Tibetan monk who lectured and wrote about his personal experience watching his master raise a monk from the dead in order to guide him properly through the Bardos (transitions).