View Single Post
Old 16-11-2020, 05:53 PM
Master

Considerations Twenty-B

Blame the Ego

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

There is a new updated index in the post directly above.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

Let’s back up a little bit concerning this whole ego topic. Soul … from the beginning … has neither brain nor mental function with Its creation in the more pure Upper Worlds … for lack of a better way to word it. Soul is aware there is an individuality to Its own creation. There is individuality … not separateness … but individuality. With no brain or mental faculties … Soul just accepts that there is an * I * to Its experience.

Now down into the psychic worlds … adding mind, emotions, and physical body … the mental faculties incorporate this I-ness into a more selfish perception. It begins to recognize that there are differences between a personal I-ness and that of everyone else. When you even lightly consider it … it would be almost impossible to not have some sense of what is “me” as opposed to everyone and everything else. We have enough trouble wrestling with the “me” in it all. If … at the same time … we had no such faculty … there would be little discernment with or for anything.

So … through the centuries … the religions, philosophies, sciences, sociologists, and business began to draw definitions for this I-ness. It became a handy scapegoat … blaming it for anything and everything … and in a way … rightfully so … because we allowed the I-ness to run rampant with demands, preferences, desires, passions, power moves, etc. Again … we didn’t know any better. We allow the mind to pretty much take charge of running our lives … out of control … and ego is certainly a mental function outside of the fundamental I-ness of Soul Itself … which is based upon the Whole and not upon a mental attribute.

When we began to sort out our experiences here in the lower worlds … we needed something to blame … and “ego” was handy. The religions and philosophies have done a superb job in the attack and accusation game … for anything and everything we wish to accuse it of. Very few people are going to admit that their own personal habits, patterns, desires, ambitions, and preferences just took them over … and now s/he is a slave to ones own passions.

A high degree of personal development and spiritual advancement comes with the re-training and re-balancing of the I-ness. To recognize Self as Self … is one thing. To accept Self as Self … if and when the Self has accumulated an endless list of power moves and material possessions … is quite another.

There is a part of the mental makeup of each individual that deals with thought … just … the thought process. This can be understood to be the intellect. The intellect just likes to think about things … almost as an entertainment. The intent was … to take what happens around us … then to think things out through analysis, definition, categorization … … sort through it all … make a choice … and the I-ness would take that decision and carry it out / put it into practice.

Nowadays … many would just like to mentally spin … endlessly … and never settle anything. Without a doubt … mind can spin … well. It can also mentally devise and conjure up most anything possible … whether “sane” or not … beneficial or not … safe or not … wise or not … true or not.

Most individuals … are slaves to their own minds and their mental patterns … and most will dismiss this perception quickly and outright.
As has been said before … we have eternity to figure this out.

Honesty with Self is a massive part of high awareness. An individual may fool themselves and all around them … but that same individual will never fool LIFE … and LIFE makes you earn each and every step forward … and hangs ITs head … so to speak … on the backslides. LIFE IT-self is not an emotional existence.

Let’s take a quick review of just how the mental facets work. Soul views all through the psychic filters of mind and emotions and then on into the physical body. Soul doesn’t know that It is doing that. It is just gain experience via all these facets at the moment. The five senses gather the information for us … sight being the prime aspect here … hearing second … and taste, smell, and touch come in a close third. The intellect … or the thought processes … juggle the information … babble endlessly over the various topics until it decides which it likes or doesn’t like, wants or doesn’t want, declares as safe or dangerous, declares as valid or invalid … etc endlessly … most all according to previous chosen preferences. When it makes a choice … if it ever does … it passes the decision on to the I-ness of the individual and this becomes a part of that persons ongoing lifestyle and belief system. The I-ness … or the mental ego … by any name … is the mental version of the much more lofty I AM principle. You are mentally choosing through your various and personally formed filters that you believe this or that, I am capable of this or that, so … I am … but a small ‘I am.’

You can never totally destroy the I-ness of individuality. You can give it a multitude of different names and attack each one. Again … this is not an either / or situation … and there is plenty of room for a middle path … and this can offer a wealth of spiritual unfoldment with even more room later for additional refinement. The individual can play a game of mentally destroying the ego … or the small I am … but it is a game that only mind can play. If one believes that this can be done … then the game goes on … for as long as the individual wishes to play or believes here is benefit to it.

The I-ness of each individual is fundamentally just that … the individuality of Self. What this I-ness has been made out to be by the religionists and philosophers, etc. … is another story altogether. The re-training of the mental aspects of this individuality is a major aspect of getting out of these lower psychic worlds.

To summarize … each individual Soul has an I-ness facet … giving It an individuality. If Soul were to remain in the pure Upper Worlds … then this aspect would carry on as intended. Dropping Soul into the lower psychic worlds is another story altogether. Mind focuses, develops, sidetracks, and customizes the I-ness through its own mental filters which we train it to use … so when we humans need a scapegoat for things that we don’t like about ourselves … one of the prime targets is the “ego” … by any name you wish to use. We can hold the ego responsible as if it were somewhat totally separate or outside ourselves or as a mischievous intruder that just likes to cause us grief … which is easier than admitting that we allowed our mental patterns to get the best of us and now we pay the consequences. We can blame, kill, or otherwise the I-ness of Self … but most all will still need to eventually be addressed and resolved … one aspect at a time. It’s always handy to blame “something else” rather than “us” as the individuals we each are.

This should not be news to many or any of you reading these posts. Just what this I-ness is … makes for an interesting adventure.

More later.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -