View Single Post
Old 25-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Tamlynn83

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
A couple of books you might find interesting are Michael Newton's Journey of Souls and the follow-up, Destiny of Souls. Maybe Brian Weiss's books, too. Both are psychiatrists and hypnotherapists who, when regressing patients to the source of their current struggles, inadvertently took them back into past lives. Newton took them even further--into the experiences of the soul back "home," between incarnations. This came as much of a surprise to these therapists as well as their patients, but both decided it was worth risking their professional reputations to explore the matter further. I still approach spiritual stuff with a healthy dose of skepticism, but I found Newton and Weiss's books compelling and believable.

And I recommend them because they might help you understand why you are here at all, thus connecting you to your purpose. You're here to grow and mature as a soul. What progress you make in this life, your soul will carry forward into other incarnations. You're an eternal being who has chosen to play a role here on Earth for a little while--just like every other human around you.

And when you start thinking like an eternal being (at least as best you can while wearing a meatsuit, and using a meat-based thinking apparatus), a lot of human problems diminish in significance. There is so much fleeting, transient, superficial stuff that seems important to the meatsuit, but it's irrelevant to my soul. Start thinking and acting from a soul perspective, and everything changes.

Newton's books might also help ease the deep longing for home and loneliness you feel--I've felt it too, for nearly my entire life, and on some days I still do. But I now know that I'm not really alone, and that my time here is really just a blink of an eye. And I'm here to do certain things--as are you--and when I'm doing those things my feelings of heaviness, longing, and loneliness disappear.

I don't know what your soul's purpose is in coming here, or what you intended to accomplish on this earth. It doesn't have to be anything huge, but it's yours. And once you remember what it is, and start doing it, you'll probably start feeling a lot more at home here, and less like a lonely exile.

Thank you so much, I digested every word you shared. ..you are so right. When I'm absorbed in activities and moments that connect me to passion and purpose homesickness is non existent. I guess I really haven't been tapping into that so my homesickness is really strong. Thats why i sought out his forum...i was longing for connection and confirmation. Will definitely check out the books you recommended.