View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 09:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I don't have much teeth into reincarnation as I have no past lives. I suppose if 'God' is grand than 'he' can conjure up an image of a loved one while they're already incarnated some place else? I have wondered about that possibility and it's kinda disturbing because it would be an illusion. Another possibility is; there is no reincarnation and we see all of them again in the afterlife as they are (or wish to be remembered?).

I read Bartholomew mentioning that personalities don't reincarnate...
This is a bit of a kick up the @rse on ''karma'', as without a conscious agent incarnating there is no responsibility left for what we did in a past life. how can a totally new person bear responsibility for a person long gone? You'd get a true clean slate every time if you were to reincarnate. I think that's an interesting view!

You have misunderstood what Bartholomew is saying.

Personalities do not reincarnate! Meanwhile reincarnationists will say that we live thousands of lifetimes. They are also correct because the soul uses a new personality each time.

Altair the personality has no past lives, but the consciousness expressing itself through Altair in this life may well have expressed itself through many other previous personalities. And of course, Altair has no conscious memory of this because Altair (the personality) did not exist before this birth.

In other words there is a conscious agent which incarnates bearing responsibility for events in previous past lives. So this is not a kick up the backside for karma. If reincarnation and karma are real then they affect us whether we believe in them or not.

Peace