Thread: In a dilemma
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2021, 04:37 AM
Ascender

Hello Wildflower.

Thank you for sharing your story, which--to me--is both disturbing yet also uplifting in that it tells of someone enduring difficult circumstances both mentally and as physical events, and is also a portrait of someone seemingly slightly adrift and yet resilient with an intact central core.

I sense that you may welcome some means of recharging in a place of safe refuge.

Such places can be actual physical places--and can also be some place of focus within our minds.

As for the former, my only experience--many years ago now--has been of gatherings/retreats under the compassionate auspices of U.K. Quaker support communities.

As for the latter, again I can only offer my own experience of retreating into listening to music--particularly-- so I find, listening to the beauty of the human voice singing both solo and joined in chorus.

Having an animal companion has also helped me--but may not be possible of course.

Your story suggests that you have some measure of financial independence--you are fortunate if this is so--but possibly vulnerable because of it.

Take care. Good wishes.--in this regard I think I dare speak for many of us hereabouts.

Last edited by weareunity : 21-03-2021 at 02:56 AM.