Thread: Stress
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2021, 08:02 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I don’t want to get into my war stories, got to keep those at a distance. But the craziness that can come from stress, when you can‘t see or think straight. A dark storm cloud over your head, that seems to be raining only on you, with fierce lighting bolts striking, and no one else can see it or feel it but you. That kind of craziness. Where there is no self governance. Often bought on by intense debilitating stress.

The line between saneness and insanity is very thin. Post trauma stress, and other kinds of intense stress, can cause a person to have and emotional breakdown, even be hospitalized. I’ve got lots of war stories I can tell about my military tour during the Vietnam War, but the greatest war has been the one which I have had in the past with myself. To win that battle and realize that the only true victory is in our heart.
Hi Starman..... A little tale related to me by my son only a week ago.....my father , his Grandad ... Opened his heart up and told my son that he was suffering from PTSD .... And as a result had been seeing a counselor. But after only 2 sessions he had refused more as he didn't feel " comfortable" talking to a stranger about his personal issues. My father is 86. He has been through a lot during his life. A fire officer/ chief for 30 years...prior to that, a police officer .... Prior to that , a soldier in Africa fighting the mau-maus..... So you would think that his PTSD probably comes from Africa with all the horrible things he witnessed..... But no. It comes from beyond that...to his mum being blown up by a bomb aged only 26...and him being only 6 with 2 younger brothers. He never got over that.