View Single Post
Old 28-11-2020, 09:47 PM
Aditi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deLord
@Aditi
as mentioned already, I am far from getting stuck with them for lower reasons. The most important thing is just to know without the shadow of a doubt that these things can be achieved - and then also to understand why nobody seems to use them. What I mean is: there is so much good that could be done with siddhis - but why is nobody (?) doing it? Politicians and corporate greed destroy our planet and it would be rather easy for a siddha to change something about that.
I know the story of the two friends and the ferryman :) but to fully understand I think one has to experience the "this is better than what you did"-part. Because without having reached it, how can anyone know that attaining enlightenment if far far better than "just" attaining a siddhi? I imagine someone who never fell in love. How are you gonna describe to him what he misses? I think it's impossible. It's like describing colors to a (color-)blind.
I don't think siddhis have anything to do with enlightenment, but I can see that you do and I am happy to agree to disagree. It's not like I know what it's like to be enlightened.

In regards to changing things, I can relate to the spirit of what you are saying. I can't stand unfairness either. But it might come back to whether you believe in something like divine order or not. If I had powers, I would not change the things you mention because I am very aware that I don't know enough to know what, if anything, needs to be changed. If you believe in karma, all kinds of unpleasantness are necessary because they help us learn what we need to in order to get through our own karma-induced messes and our general immaturity. The ideal would be that we outgrow the dualistic viewpoint altogether (in this case - wanting life to be pleasant and not unpleasant) and experience the world with an equal mind.

So, I wouldn't think of it so much in terms of how a person could use powers to do things. I think it should be about whether God wishes to work through that person.

More than anything, I actually don't think it's possible to love God with all your heart, and at the same time reject how the world works. Devi is my only constant. If she wants to destroy something, it should be destroyed. If she wants to change something, she has infinite ways to change it. She responds favourably to surrender, and I would not like to have to tell her what to do. I think the best thing anyone can do is try to live by their own basic dharma.