View Single Post
Old 19-06-2020, 06:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Now as for those monkeys who tend to fly into a rage and throw their feces at me, those get old real fast.
ketzer, this made me chuckle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
If this is a footprint to believed and it resonates with me,with the riots and anarchy going on around the world,we are at the destruction phase to rebirth.

Maybe empathy/love will come for humans,once the destruction has ceased.

Earth people in general are not self destructing in my opinion.

Wondering how this works. I've read in our soul families one member will go through trauma and the rest watch on, and learn from the experience same as the one going through trauma. Is it the same for all the people who are not currently on the Earth plane watching on? Do they watch and learn as the Earth people destroy each other and everything around them? Do we all evolve together?

Quote:
The crazy thing is many/most of the other humans are saying the same thing about humans. The thinking part of the human mind is good at perpetuating the illusion that it is in control and making all of its own decisions based on its own reasoning, when what is going on in fact is much more instinctual and animal driven. Tell them that and they will think you are crazy and deny it, which is why they keep doing it. It is very disturbing to realize that many of our actions, decisions, and opinions are done unconsciously, so our brains perpetuate and maintain an illusion of control. We seemed to have evolved a thinking brain, and then set it on top of an instinctual more animal like one. We are a horse and rider. The rider only has as much control as the horse allows it. Yet the rider thinks it has much more control then it does.

I have found that 99% of people really don't want to know the truth if it upsets their apple cart (set beliefs). No matter what. They would rather continue living in their blissful cloud of reality untouched by what is going on all around them.

Quote:

Perhaps our ignorance is not really ignorance, but is just our willing suspension of disbelief, which we do so we can experience life instead of just watching it. Our lives are comedies, dramas, tragedies, and horror, they include moments of all the genres. When I become engrossed in a good book or movie, I become transformed by the story. For I time I become one with that protagonist, I fear their threats, agonize over their tragedies, take satisfaction in their triumphs. When the story ends, regardless of the outcome, I feel a sense of loss, of death, and of awakening to a larger reality. For a time, even though I know it was just a story, I remain notably changed by it, but as the larger story of my life resumes, that change fades back into the background. Yet it never really goes away completely, occasionally something reminds me of it and for a moment I am back there, in that story. I seem to take something with me to keep from each story I experience, whether they be in a book, in a movie, or in life.

I was just thinking of this yesterday. Ever read a good novel that you feel such a loss when you finish it. There are times I have frantically looked online to see if there was a sequel. To lose that world, I feel abandoned. I am engulfed again in this cold and lonely reality where my body and soul resides.
Quote:
Many in the spirituality crowd are quick to point out that life is an illusion. They say not to worry about it, it is not real, you can’t really be hurt or die, and this is all true. For a time I was one of them, and that person still surfaces when life gets particularly hard. However, now I tend to view such folks as the person who keeps talking over the movie and critiquing the characters, plot, or flaws in the science fiction. I know it is an illusion, but it is a real illusion all the same, as real as any illusion I am apt to create to experience. If I allow it to, if for a time I willingly suspend my disbelief, it will transport and transform me just the same.

If we skip through life saying it's all an illusion we learn nothing and must come back to try again. Maybe this time on a different platform. Best to grit my teeth and feel the pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
To better understand whatever I learned in class (how to purposely use and master my creative capabilities), I have to do my homework that includes attending a lab to practice (creating stuff). I login into a simulation software that allows me to do that (physical world).

The virtual exercise puts me in contact with other students, each one at its (we are androgynous) terminal, and we all participate with our avatars (conscious, outer-self, ego) in the simulation. There are all kind of situations we have to resolve, and for the duration of the session, we sometimes get so engrossed in the plot that we forget that we are students, and we identify with our characters, and their challenges are our challenges.

Unfortunately, most of the students forget that they are in this game to practice and acquire creation skills, and not to get sucked in the game's dramas. Because of that, most of us fail the lab. So, we have to re-do the lab over and over, until we learn to concentrate on the purpose of the game (improve our reality creation skills).

We even forget that we have access to a lab assistant (inner-guide, inner source of knowledge and guidance) that can help us, if we ask it for help.

Flipping the other side of the coin now. You almost make it sound like a Harry Potter movie. So engrossed in our lessons we forget and take everything personal as an attack on us personally.

I'm reminded of my parents who were not nice people and put myself in danger in very dark ways. I came to realize during my healing time that they were not attacking me personally. I chose them as parents. They were in my life, doing awful things to me, because they were my teachers. Nothing personal. How could I hate someone who was only doing what they were supposed to do?
Quote:
I like the analogy, but the only part of waver a bit on is that paragraph I quoted above. This is something very hard to convey, but I will go against my better instincts and try anyway. I think perhaps that life is a process of transformation as much or more so than a process of learning or skill building. It seems to me that there is a kind of growth that incorporates, but also transcends, learning and even wisdom. A kind of ‘knowing’ that is transformative to the soul in a way that goes beyond ordinary knowledge of facts, figures, and processes, beyond social skills or emotional intelligence. A kind that is very hard to describe using words so perhaps I should leave it as is as I am apt to only muddy the water more.

More recently I have begun to question just how much of an advantage understanding the illusory game like nature of reality gives one. While one may be able to take a more rational approach in life and understand facts and build skills with a clearer mind and methodical approach, this is a different kind of learning then one gets from a more visceral and “real” experience of life. Kind of like how learning about war through battle tactics and military theory in a classroom, or playing war simulation video games, is something very different than how one learns about war on an actual battlefield where one believes their life to be at risk.

For example, when trying to understand true unconditional love, some may say that there is no greater love than to lie down one's life for another. Many parents will say they would indeed do so for one of their children. Yet if one is truly secure in the knowledge that there is no death and it is merely a transition to the next experience, then one could never actually make such a sacrifice in the same way as one who was not sure if there was even any life after death at all. It is simply not the same experience. In other words, the depth of one's belief in the ‘reality’ of one’s experience of life is an integral and inseparable ingredient in the particular qualia of, and the transformative power of, that experience. One can go to the horror movie and keep conscious of the fact it is just a movie, and sit back and analyze the plot and technical aspects of the story, or one can allow themselves to forget it is a movie and get the sht scared out of them. Both are a kind of an experience and both move the individual in different ways.

Finally, I think it is both a question of learning to create better, as well as life creating an experience that reflects ourselves back upon us to see who we are along the way. It seems to me that life has a way of manifesting situations that reflect different aspects of ourselves that are often outside of our conscious rational awareness. Our fears, desires, weaknesses, and strengths are somehow intentionally pushed and prodded by the events in our lives and in doing so give us opportunities to become aware of where we need to learn, build, and grow. We are the creators of our own realities, but it seems to me that in life, a shared life experience anyway, that much of that creation also originates outside of our direct awareness, outside of our direct control, but nevertheless in line with our desired and needed experience, and on our behalf.

https://calvinandhobbes.fandom.com/w...boded_Hand.jpg

If I am understanding you correctly, it's like burning the dross out of gold ore: Place the gold ore in a crucible. Put the crucible in a furnace. Heat to 1,100 degrees Celsius. Dross will rise to the surface. Periodically remove the crucible from the furnace and skim the impurities off the surface of the molten gold. Stir the gold after each removal of dross and before returning it to the furnace. Repeat this process until dross stops rising to the surface. More here: https://www.leaf.tv/articles/how-to-...s-out-of-gold/

We are the gold ore. And we can't be purified unless we are put in furnace countless times. Pretending life on Earth is just an allusion just won't work. We have to live it and breathe to accomplish the purified end result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

Why should it be necessary, even useful, to suffer, or experience suffering, when I could just prevent it, or nip it in the bud, by using purposeful creation?

None of the reliable channels support the idea of learning through suffering. That is the pannage of religions, 'progressive" movements, and other scare-mongers.

For me I’ve been in the furnace this lifetime, and former lifetimes. I think at some point we become refined enough that we don’t need the pain to advance, but while I am still in this primitive frame of mind ya gotta club me over the head and throw me in the furnace to get that refinement.

Last edited by linen53 : 19-06-2020 at 07:36 PM.