View Single Post
Old 13-04-2019, 02:49 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by markinsydney
I have been studying this subject for a while and there seems to be tons of information about the theory of it but I despair at finding any actual results.

I wonder if there are any books written with actual real life experiments on this subject ,if not then someone needs to write such a book.

This would serve as inspiration to the rest of us when we don't see immediate results.

I kept a notebook with actual results for many years on Law of Attraction results but many of these things were accidental manifestations.
There were maybe 50 things I wrote down over time ,things that I would have forgotton about had I not kept notes.
This is a vital,very important subject and a big part of our spiritual growth so why not do a proper scientific evaluation of it?

Actual results would include ...........

1. How many days did you do the affirmation for?

2. How much time total did you spend saying it?

3. How much time elapsed until you got the result?

4. How close was it to what you originally planned?

5. How much did you feel it rather than just think it?

It's good to talk to others that are on this journey : )

Mark

I can only give you my experience.

1. I wrote a letter to god telling it what I needed to be comfortable, it included my job and my salary. I signed it with love and gratitude (Thank you, I love you), put it in a sealed envelope and wrote the date on the outside. I then put it in a drawer and went on with my life. I actually forgot about it.
2. It took me about 30 minutes to compose the letter
3. less than a year elapsed, not sure exactly as I had forgotten about it as things changed in my life while I worked on changing my negative thoughts to positive thoughts.
4. It was exactly on the nose, the only requirement from me was that I had to move to a town 700 miles away where I knew only one person.
5. It was all about feeling to the point of knowing. The feeling was that I was supported, the thinking was that I did not have to think about it. Also, I never told anyone about that letter until years later when I found it and realized how spot on everything had been for me.

My understanding of how affirmations work is that you say them once KNOWING they are true and then you go on with your life acting on that knowing. It doesn't me you affirm you are a millionaire and start spending money you do not have, it means you affirm that you are supported and have access to the abundance you need when you need it. Then you quit worrying and obsessing about money and just live your life in the current financial reality you are in at the moment. If you chant the affirmation over and over and over as in the attitude that you are doing it to change something you will never change anything. The universe is literal minded and does not understand the difference between have and have not, it understands the feelings.

Those "accidental" things that came to pass from your notes, were the ones you did not obsess over.