View Single Post
Old 26-05-2018, 11:51 PM
Ascender

Children's behavior is learned at home. Many of the "bullies" are bullied/ abused themselves at home. They can't really lash out at their parents because that would just get them more abuse, so they go to school and lash out at a peer. It's learned behavior. Generally, one or 2 in a group are the ring leaders. The rest go along with the ring leader because they are too scared to do anything else (if they stood up to the ring leader, then the leader would turn on them, so they follow along because it keeps them from being the target).
I work in a school (this year in a middle school). From what I see of the school, they are too scared of the parents (for some reason) to discipline the children while at school, so they basically let the kids do whatever they want and this is the scenario that ensues. Some kids even bully some teachers and get away with it. I'm not sure why the school is so scared of the parents though (money? reputation?... those are my best guesses). It's a public school so they aren't getting tuition, however, the parents do pay for a lot of things that in the past were free. It's sad, but the school seems to be more of business than an education system sometimes.