View Single Post
Old 16-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
The human body is designed to be a perfect vessel for the final journey to enlightenment,
According to Dharmic religion, yes. But that is one particular take on things..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
unlike a river which, although it has a consciousness of its own, has no brain and therefore no way of harnessing intellect and ego.
You see a river as an ''individual'' but all it really is is an illusion. Rivers, mountains, hills, and lakes are formed by nature itself and it is only us who see them as individual rivers, mountains, hills, and lakes. Mountains and hills are part of the earth's 'skin' so to speak, and lakes and rivers are just natural bodies of waters. Where does a river start and where does it end? It is us who make these judgements and then we give it a name.

But if I understand your view correctly, making a sandcastle on the beach and a water canal creates ''individual consciousness but without ego and intellect''..

I strongly agree with Prokopton on the pictures you have posted. You assumed that Stonehenge and Egyptian snakes had something to do with an Indian belief. And you see the ''Holy Spirit'' as ''Kundalini''. It reminded me of conspiracies that collect reptile symbolism from different cultures to ''prove'' that reptilian humanoids exist.

With it you are interpreting other cultures through particular blinkers. It is subjective, yet it is presented as if it is the truth. Prokopton's take on this is fundamental and much needed if we have an interest in mythology and pictures.

As for the 'Crown'.. I don't know whether such a thing exists. I do know that we can experience a lot of things with the power of thought and visualisation, but again this is not a guarantee it is actually 'real'. Other people could very well experience 20 chakras, or no chakras at all. :>