View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 10:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's my impression so long as we are alive and awake we have no choice but to live in the duality of what we experience as existence. I'm not quite sure how one can step outside it into pure non-duality outside of the ultimate mystical experience, and I imagine the people capable of that and also the amount of time they can indulge that state are very, very few and very, very far between. Kind of like when Krishna allowed Arjuna to see the ultimate reality.

It seems to me the best we can do is recognize its nature to some degree and also recognize our true nature and live our lives best we can and based on those realizations. No teacher, guru or mystic I've ever heard actually defines in detail the exact what and how but speaks in metaphor, analogy and simile because it simply can't be intellectualized or put into language. The nitty-gritty requires omniscience and I'm absolutely certain no one living, who has lived or who will live will possess that capacity of knowledge and intellect.

Honestly and as far as I'm concerned I don't worry about the details because it's a distraction and a pointless one. The path is simply to become awakened and taste enlightenment and liberation from suffering, ending the cycle so one will transcend the duality after this life has ended, the deepest and real 'I' no longer being bound to the unreal.

Perhaps my goals aren't lofty enough, but there they are.

Justasimpleguy, what is the root cause of suffering, fear, duality and the rest of the other stuff? The same thing causes morals/morality.