View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Red Sky

The Smell of Roses and Death

Ever since I was about nine years old I've been able to smell roses shortly before someone passes away. Usually I'll get a strong scent of roses right beneath my nose and then within a few days to a couple of weeks I will find out that someone I knew passed away. It could be a relative, friend or even an animal but it is always someone that I've known. Has anyone else ever had this experience? When I was a child I didn't realize what it meant at first but then as time went on I began to associate the smell of the roses with someone's passing. This has resulted in my not being too fond of flowers, unfortunately. I've heard different people say different things regarding the scent of roses. Some people have said it is the person saying goodbye but if they're not dead yet, how could that be. Others have said the scent of roses accompanies the passing of a saint but not everyone that passes could be a saint, right? Then others have said that the Blessed Mother or an angel is present when roses are smelled. Others have said this is a psychic sense. I'm still not sure what the correct interpretation of this is. If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd love to hear them. Thanks.