View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew

Gem... I, James, not Bartholomew, made a mistake in this post. I did not mean to say that both meditation and channeling for long periods will sometimes bring headaches. Meditation will not. Channeling will. I sometimes write long and involved statements. These are mostly channeled directly but not always. I have to be very careful to proof whenever I write regardless, because I am human, I sometimes fail at this.

Those of us who are conscious channels know full well that care must always be taken to preserve the integrity of the connection.

In the school of meditation I'm familiar with there aren't 'guru figures' as such because the Buddha taught people to be discerning, and instead of believing what any teacher might tell them, they must see for themselves what is true. Because of this, meditation teachers in the sangha don't dispense facts, but rather, teach the meditation which can be helpful to people in overcoming their illusions and seeing for themselves what is true. The problem with introducing a 'channeled being' is that people take that to be a 'special spiritual thing', and as such, start to blindly believe that voice and become influenced by something other than their own insight. What is encouraged in the meditation schools is a practice which stablises ones mind so that the person can see more clearly, and understand what is true through their direct encounter. It is a healing process which instills in a person the equanimity or pure awareness, and by resolving stuck or blocked mentality, emotion and their physical manifestations, the human being as a life form better channels the infinite purity of love that arises from the very essence of their being.