View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 08:10 PM
Knower
I don't believe in it myself. There's a distorted history connected to this subject, and the base idea is that reincarnation looked nothing like what we see today in the beginning of the texts written. According to the late Professor Leopold Fischer:

In its present form, the way people talk about it today, it is quite
old, but it's not as old as people hope it would be. You have only a vestigial or marginal mention of something like transmigration in the older sections of the Veda. There is the first complete mention, though very brief, in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, which is quite old. But the real assumptions having to do with reincarnation come in the Puranic age, at the time that the Puranas were composed, and then of course, through Buddhism. So you might say that it reached a state of common acceptance, I would think, around 300 B.C., but not earlier. So it is old, but in its highly articulated form it is not so old — and the way it's talked about now, that's recent; that's "Theosophical Society."

I haven't been here long enough to be able to post links, but, Google this:
No Reincarnation, No Moksha, No Mukti in the Vedas.

The original page is gone and this seems to be either someone's "save" or the person just got a new website.

So, if people, and especially children it seems, have memories of a prior life - where would THAT come from? Simply put - welcome to the paranormal.