View Single Post
Old 23-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Master
Interesting story.

I have also been told to 'swallow the poison myself' a few times, but because I am a Hindu Shaivite...

When the universe was created, the cosmic milk ocean was all churned up.

Mount Meru was inverted and placed on the back of the Kumera tortoise (Lord Vishnu) and the rainbow serpent, Vasuki was wound around the mountain...the Suras (good guys) were on one side...the Asuras (bad dudes) on the other...and they were turning Mount Meru around and around to churn the ocean up.

During the churning, a lot of things came out of the ocean...the wish-fulfilling cow (kamdhenu), the 7 celestial maidens, the Kasturba diamond, Soma (the nectar of immortality) and a deadly poison called Hala-Hala.

This also corresponds to the churning of the 'heart ocean' by positive and negative emotions which gives rise to the Soma (bliss of unconditional love) and also to Hala-Hala (anger, hate and all physical maladies and afflictions which are psychosomatic in nature).

Now, this Hala-Hala poison was so potent and corrosive, that if a single drop spilled, it could destroy the world...none of the Suras nor Asuras could handle it...not even Lord Vishnu or Lord Brahma could handle it...and so, they called upon Lord Shiva to try and contain it...and He did so, by drinking it...it gave Him a blue throat in the process, which gave Him the name of Neelkanth (the blue-throated one).

Many times when I am physically or mentally afflicted, I would pray to Lord Shiva and ask Him to swallow my poison (the poison of my heart which affects my body) and quite a few times He has told me to swallow the poison myself...which means that I must heal myself and do things to take care of myself better before He can heal me...that I needed to work on myself more instead of continually asking Him to intervene.

The reason why I don't get possessed, my eyes don't turn black and I don't spit out Latin...is because I am not afraid of anything...I have absolutely no fear...there's nothing any demon can use against me...and I guess I've also got my 'boundaries' in tact and my Higher Self and Lord Shiva reinforces them...besides, I'm not a Christian and don't know any Christian things, so all those demonic experiences, I don't get.