View Single Post
Old 22-08-2020, 09:01 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
yeah that is one of the basics mathematically, the fourier or harmonic series can be used to describe any waveform. It basically describes the waveform as a union of 'pure' sine waves with differing frequencies and amplitudes, where the frequencies/amplitudes are chosen based on what you are trying to build. I think you can describe things which aren't periodic but much easier to describe periodic things with this foundation...

exactly....

we usually think in terms of 'doing' things so in that light it might be a matter of what to vibrate and how than of a filtering out... but you may be on to something here in that maybe it is a matter of filtering out what you don't want rather than adding what you do. Kinda like how a sculpture is made. Something new to think about, thanks!

Kinda like how a TV or radio tuner filters out the signal it wishes to use to create with based on a resonance with that ....carrier signal.. I believe..or something like that. The information needed to create the reality a consciousness wishes to create and experience may be already encoded in the waves of the quantum field. It then becomes a question of setting the resonant frequency of that consciousness to tune in that signal. Higher frequencies would be able to contain higher amounts of information, but I don't know that it would therefore correspond to positive emotions or experiences....might.. but if so, I can't see why it necessarily would. Looking at the Fourier Series demonstration in 2d, one can envision how a 3d equivalence could conceivably encode an experience of reality using nothing but a combination of sine waves (vibrations) superimposed in the field. Much much more complex of course, but in principal, an experience of virtual reality could be built up from there one time step at a time.