View Single Post
Old 14-09-2021, 02:07 PM
Experiencer
SNU Visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
A simple explanation from the Spiritualists' National Union:

"What is Mediumship?

The main aim of mediumship is to provide evidence of survival of the human personality beyond physical death. Mediumship is a transfer of information from the spirit of a deceased person via a 'medium' to a 'recipient'.

A medium has the ability to receive information from a communicating spirit and pass on that information. In many respects this will be personal to the recipient of the communication."

The last paragraph is important in helping differentiate psychic sensitivity/awareness from mediumship, issues commonly misunderstood.

Where the beneficiary of information is the individual herself/himself then it's psychic sensitivity.

When communicated information is for the benefit of a third person it's mediumship.
i was confused by what some of the disclaimer state when they do demeonstartions of mediumship by stating its just an experiment but it was quite clear to me when we were taught by gordon smith what i saw while blindfolded as not to know who your sitting for they were to utter no words yes or no just touch your arm or knee if you were describing what you saw was correct or not it was very much evidence to me as the picture flooded into my mind first passing of the two guides like i saw when i was a five year old up till present day but there seem to quite since the pandemic i never saw spirit in this fashion before