View Single Post
Old 30-06-2021, 12:02 PM
BunnyJen90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
I agree. Apart from some theological differences that matter to the clergy, lay Christians share the same Jesus story. But what Bunny said below is true. I remember some talk about President Kennedy being a Catholic. Why is that? Is it because Catholics are not part of mainstream Christianty in America? What about the other minority Christian faiths like Mormons, Amish, Quakers, etc. Are they also discriminated against? I remember a scene in the movie "The Good Shepherd" when the De Niro character told the Matt Damon character whom he was recruiting into the newly formed FBI that had "no Catholics, no Jews".

Bunny said:"I actually just read earlier today that my country the united states has a history of discrimination against Catholics..."

Yes there is a lot of discrimination against other Christian dominions here in my country. I can remember in 2012 there being a senator in my country the United States who ran for president that year and the biggest concern people had about him was his Mormon religion, which I could of cared less about. I now greatly regret not voting for him in that election, but at that time I was going through a weird phase where I was more into monarchy then democracy and wishing my country had a monarchy instead. However since then my views have changed. Still I don't think people know best to choose their own leader. Just look at who we have for president currently. While I guess I'm glad we have our second catholic president I'm not getting my hopes up with him. I made that mistake with a certain president and I'm not making that mistake again. Sorry if I'm getting too much into politics here again.