View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 08:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Who knows...... the way things seem to be going, we might be 'forced' to go camping. Might as well learn as much as I can. Been thinking of buying one of those temporary survival sleeping bags you can put in your pocket along with stuff to start a fire, purification water tablets, etc.
. Practice skills, they'll get a lot farther than supplies for the long term. You mentioned that you know how to make charcoal. That can be a priceless skill. Purification tablets fire starting supplies will eventually run out. Skills will never run out. We see reminders on the news almost every day what people are going to do in a bad situation. Look at when the east coast pipelines got hacked. People freaked out and we're even putting fuel in plastic bags. That was a minor mishap that people made 10xs worse then it needed to be.
If things actually go bad people are going to freak out. There will be minimal supplies, it will be useless to stockpile it only increases the chance of getting robbed and maybe killed in the process. If you do stockpile your best bet make caches all over the place like a rodent. I know people like to think to buy guns and ammo but no matter how much ammo you have, unless you know how to make gun powder you will eventually run out. It's also likely of you do have a guns and ammo stockpile you'll become a massive target for thieves.
My strategy is to find a safe place now, away from people and hunker down until the smoke clears and wait until people settle there difference. If I do have to go in public before the smoke clears. I going to make myself look and smell like I have completely nothing. Even if you look and smell clean for example, when everyone else isn't you can become a target.