View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 08:56 AM
Master

Good one Gem. I agree with everything you say here. There is just one thing that kinda grabbed me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
but knowing how I am without the nagging need to be better lets me keep the peace. This is a more powerful driver of positive change than any will I might have to improve myself..

I was watching a documentary the other night about a Japanese geezer who skied down Everest, don't know if you've seen it but i'll post the link for all. The cinematography is wowwwsaa etc. and the story line too. Anyway they run into Sir Edmund Hilary during their trek to Everest base camp. In the convo that ensues you'll hear Sir Ed saying ...Humans need Challenges... I don't know where the human race will be ..or would be without challenges..something like that... Really Struck me and knew what he meant and knew it was different than the striving i would probably in the past have associated with what he was saying ?? ..Example at the moment for me is I'm learning a bit of welding to fix some gates for my father, ( i said to my father these are the pearly gates ..he did smile lol) Anyways that type of thing ..like a new challenge for me ? It doesn't feel driven although that too could creep in ? Is that what you mean ..that at any time we can become unhealthily and unnecessarily driven ? Thanks for the great post.

The Man Who Skied Down Everest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViFmRQx66Xg&t=3950s

I thought it was a fantastic piece of filming and tragic and controversial too that 6 sherpas lose their lives in the process.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge