View Single Post
Old 22-04-2021, 10:12 PM
Master
Sorry, I get so interested in DNA.

Partly, because of the discrimination Saami got (about our Siberian admixture) as us NOT having European ancestry and therefore Saami as a newcomer to Europe should go back to where they &*$%#@!!! came from.
At times, this discrimination became really vicious …. you’ve got no idea ……
Hence the DNA proof became necessary.

My Skolt-Saami-stock gran is Haplo V. I just became inspired & ordered a full sequence test to determine which V.

Much shortened version:
Quote:
https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_V_mtDNA.shtml

The Sami (also known as Lapps) were Europe's last hunter-gatherers.
They also have the highest level of Mesolithic European and Ancient North Eurasian ancestry. Their matrilinear lineages are surprisingly undiversified, possessing 48% of U5b1b1 and 42% of V (V1a1a and V5), two haplogroups that they strangely share with some Berber groups from Northwest Africa and the Fulbe people from Senegal U5b1b1 and V are also found together in the Iberian peninsula, especially among Cantabrians, who have 11% of U5b and 19% of V.

The Sami appear to be descended from a merger of Mesolithic hunter-gatherers from southern and central Europe (respectively represented by their two main maternal lineages: V and U5b). These Mesolithic nomads would have been pushed always further north and west by the wave of Neolithic farmers who quickly colonised southeast then central Europe. The Proto-Indo-Europeans of the Corded Ware culture later invaded southern Scandinavia and the eastern Baltic, pushing the remnants of U5b and V hunter-gatherers to the far north of Europe. Neolithic and Bronze Age newcomers are thought to have similarly pushed Mesolithic tribes to the far north of Spain, notably behind the mountains of Canatbria and the Basque country, and across the Strait of Gibraltar to Africa.

https://cache.eupedia.com/images/con...tDNA-V-map.png