View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 09:08 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer
I'm not sure I'm in the right thread here, but someone will tell me if I've got it wrong, no doubt!

I have attended mediumship development classes on two different occasions, many years ago now, the first I had to stop attending due to the fact that I had to move house. At the following address I started attending development classes in my new town. However, I stopped going there too, as I could never convince myself that what I was 'receiving' was actually genuine communication, and not just my imagination. What really frightened me off was when the course leader started making plans for us attendees to try a platform session at the local spiritualist church! How scary was that idea!

Anyway, my point really is that while I still do have episodes of clairsentience, I don't think that level of spirit awareness is enough to give me confidence to pass on any messages to a possible recipient.

I have come to the conclusion that mediumship is congenital - you are born with it. - Or you aren't. All of the books I have read by mediums (working in the UK, anyway) are those folk who obviously had the gift of second sight from childhood.

I am hoping I will have some replies to contradict my theory!

It's certainly arguable that mediums are born and not made but I'd guess there are few, if any, instances of children being accomplished mediums. Competence in using natural attributes develop as individuals grow to adulthood and competence in emerging adult mediumship develops with practice, exposure and experience.

Awareness and sensitivity - and the vitally important aspect of how to handle them as a medium - are parts of personal development. You may be bang-on right that your personal level of sensitivity is insufficient and there's one easy way to test that idea - seek out another development group and sit for development.

There are no guarantees but over the period of the course an experienced medium will be able to assess your potential for further development. That's what development work is about.