View Single Post
Old 18-05-2022, 02:47 AM
Master
Im sorry to hear about those experiences, asearcher

About the scapegoat sibling being there for you, yes I thought as much. If you remember during the initial times you shared about this, I immediately picked up that your luv might've been the golden child based on certain behaviors and I was correct about it

As for the psychopath, yes you are right it's not like in the movies. The ways were subtle, and I had told folks that the ways of certain psychopaths / toxic abusers would be subtle - their social intelligence, their networks of enablers, their way of thinking "I would attack anyone who gets close to slipping off my mask" in an over estimated way

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
That too is alike how this narc parent works - tried to make others see me a certain way, not to allow them to make their own judgement of me, could not afford that they would actually like me

Yes I understand. Someone like that would try to filter and monopolize modes of communication to the point when gaslighted one wonders "why are you (energy vampire) making it look like as if its hard to believe others could actually like me?"

Also thank you for sharing asearcher because you made me re-realize again how, my "radar" itself is a gift, a liberation for me ultimately and I should never let anyone or anything shame me away from it ever again