View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 07:24 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Hi sadguy367

I am sorry to hear about your anxiety - it is a horrible state. I suggest that you get some counselling to deal with the issues of your abusive childhood so that you can let go of them.

Because there is no reason why you would have to relive your abusive horrible childhood again and again. But there may be a reason why you chose such an experience for this incarnation.

Regarding your theories of Creation and the afterlife, I suggest you read more widely on the subject. Forget about the theories of the various religions - they are just sets of beliefs driven by particular agendas. You mention NDEs - there are plenty of books out there describing peoples' actual experiences. Yes, these experiences vary considerably, which is not surprising because we are all different and at various stages of spiritual development.

What you should find is that there is an order and balance to Creation just as it is, and we do not need to fantasise about some alternative versions in the hope of improving Creation.

Try reading Robert Schwartz - Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born. That might put your life into a better perspective.

Peace.

So are you saying that my version is completely off kilter? I hope it would at least be on the right track.

My anxiety has been overwhelming the last few days. It's interfered in my life in every way. I have tried to go to counseling for the last 3 months, but I am on a long, long, long waiting list.

I just hope that the eternal return theory isn't true. Thinking about those awful moments from childhood and having to live them out again is driving me crazy.

I can't help but feel eternal return is more likely to be true because the universe is such a cruel, horrible place, my idea of a nice creator won't have any truth to it.