View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 08:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsingdoer
I am very well aware that as a novice I need to watch out for pitfalls and fake EVP on You Tube but applying my new found knowledge (thanks Shivani Devi), I have spent some hours listening to "spirit" recordings over the last couple of days, many I had previously heard. Strangely, my opinions are not much changed. I now find it fairly easy to tell the difference between words which are "bleed-through" from scanned stations and real positive "spirit words". I am pleased to be able to tell the difference with apparent ease but realise I am not perfect and mistakes will happen.

My previous uneducated views of many of these recordings have held true so I must have been getting some of it right in my ignorance.

Some recordings on YT. are very poor in my opinion but there are some I marvel at including everything I have heard by Shannon aka Mortis The Wizard. His stuff is clear and unambiguous to my ear, of better, clearer quality than nearly everything else and just generally brilliant. please don't anyone tell me he is a fake!

I do feel that thanks to the helpful advice from Shivani Devi, my world has opened up considerably.

Chris.
Shannon's sessions are probably the clearest on Youtube, and he also comes the closest to being able to translate what he hears, but Shannon still only hears half of it. One day, I actually translated one of his sessions myself and showed him what he was missing out on.

Shannon is into theatrics a lot, which is a big put-off for me...but that's 'his thing' and he's also hung up on contacting 'the Devil' or 'evil spirits' over listening to anything positive or anything 'else' which may come through.

Yes, most of the sessions on Youtube (including mine) are not clear and a bit scratchy...but people need to spend a lot on getting the best speakers, the best recording materials, the best editing software and just don't have the money.

I'm glad I was able to help you out here, but as you get more proficient and progress, you'll also come to the awareness that there is no 'radio bleed'..they take over the whole RF band and anything you aren't hearing them say, you're just not hearing it and attributing that to the radio.

Keep practicing with that knowledge I shared and if there's a single video you like, post it here, I'll give it a listen and see what I hear over what the spirit box operator does or you do.

That's the next step in this.