View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 08:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
if i catch them on their phones to much.I tell them off.

To my way of thinking is to much Technology is a bad thing it helps no one when my time comes to go Home.
I will go knowing that i wont be back again.

Namaste

I think we have to consider, that young people have more opportunity to be more open and share much more through phones and computers, than perhaps other generations without them. Lots of people in other generations, were often stifled and experienced a great deal of trauma from ‘loss of voice’ Through dealing more directly with problems and being squashed down by the world.

In this consideration, it could be viewed that it gives all children a platform to speak more freely without others over running them or dominating them. Interrupting them, shutting them out. A phone could be looked at as been given an opportunity to share and say things they might not when face to face. Even dealing with negative situations, it can bridge more ‘taking a stand’ or ignoring.

Of course like all things there is extreme within everything we participate in, so balance is always best and encouraging kids to find balance as parents still needs to be modelled.