View Single Post
Old 26-07-2016, 01:20 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Money is just a buffer between your labours and the things you want to have. Your labours are converted into tokens which you can spend as you like.
You are making it too easy.

Well, it's hard to make it more complicated than that.

Quote:
In addition, if I may say so, you are from a country where consumerism is God, where values have been lost in a race for quick profit - see the UK housing market - the best example of cut-throat competition there is. People are willing to pay millions for a load of old bricks just to sell it again at a higher price than paid.
It's true (about consumerism is god and most people are really puppets of it. (I'm as guilty but not as a puppet)).
But that isn't to do with money itself. It's evil for sure but that's the people behind it. To me, it really is the devil doing his work well on the planet.

Quote:
Before Christian missionaries got their noses into the African's business there was a blooming self-help and non-selfish society on the African continent. Tribal groups existed without any form of money, sharing their hunting, farming and fishing spoils (also of war) with their village people, old and young. Everyone was looked after. In a community where everyone is dependent upon his neighbour no money tokens are needed. Other loving cultures existed of which we today still know. In north America, 'Red Indians' - eradicated by gunpowder. In the Pacific folk groups - eradiated by diseased western 'culture'. Eskimo tribes, turned into nature destructors by empty promises, Australian Aboringines fed alcohol. Tibet strangled by the Chinese. - and so on.
We, the 'civilised', have changed that, the bigger the car, the house, the bank balance, the better person you are. The more money you can squeeze out of your bum the more you will be looked upon as a success.

Again true which is a consequence of politics as much as money, a topic we can't discuss here.
We can blame the Romans who made real inroads with money. It was them who saw the use for a medium than buffered earning and spending.
We've inherited so much of Rome, even to having a basis in "Roman law".

Interesting, though, that you raise a metaphor first considered by Freud: the relationship between money and faecal matter.
Phrases like "rolling in it" being "as tight as a duck's backside" and "stinking rich" illustrate this.

Quote:
We need to get back to real values, the first one is to help each other, espacially those who can't help themselves. The second is to stop looking in the mirror to see if our arses aren't too big and concentrate on life and its challenges so we can fight together. The third is to get teachers, politicians and leaders who have a vision to spread of how it could be if we did away with superstition, old wives' tales and got out of our cosy chairs to have a look at nature - personally.
Umm...well, you've thrown a cloud at me!!!
Firstly, what's wrong with old wives' tales? Too often they contain some of the wisdoms of societies.

Secondly, what would be achieved by getting rid of superstition? Much daily ritual that makes a society
what it is (or what's left of it) is based, or has been derived from it.

Thirdly, you're asking to reverse globalism and business and its financial conduits - a big ask. Now who's making it too simple?
Again I have to be careful what I say here but the good side is that the world is teetering on the edge of economic and financial collapse.
(You only need look at the spread of negative interest base rates to spot that!)
Where the uprising will start can only be conjected. Unfortunately it'll mean war.
The good side is that people will be able to start again if they have the will.
While there are those ready to profit from disaster there may be no profit to make so we stand a chance.
So I think you're looking at that to create your reversals.

Of course we can help each other. Many of us do, now. But that won't get rid of a need to isolate what we earn from what we spend it on.
Quote:
The love of money is nothing more than greed. The billions of £s/$s/Euros lying in banks in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Luxembourg, Switzerland, the Caymans, Hong Kong, Monaco, London and so on, would solve the problem of the world's poverty but poor people do smell so.
Would solve poverty? Very Agenda 21 but I don't know if it would solve poverty. Ask yourself how well recipient countries have dealt with poverty with the cash handouts of foreign aid. The UK has handed out many billions of £s but.....

An interesting topic, all the same.