View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 05:31 AM
Master
Years and years ago I stayed in a flat over a takeaways and they used to keep sacks of rice on the stairs up to my room and at night the little beggars you'se to keep me awake running around and so I got a trap and started killing them... oh, golly that wasn't nice 'cause everytime the trap went off and one of them was in it I'd get an almighty shock through me and I didn't like that at all. And then kinda recently there were some rats in the ceiling, actually it was before we had cats so it was a few years ago, and I don't mind them so much as I live out back in my shacks but Mum wanted them gone so I set traps and caught one or three and again if they got caught while I was in the house...shocked, but even outside I'd know but the shock would amp down to just a tingle. So those little buggers which I quite love actually as I'd caught one or two by surprise in the hot air cupboard when opening it and there beauty was always obvious. And then I'd skin the big rats I caught in the ceiling and those pelts never had the same sheen as when they were on a living creature.

So I'd surmise that a stealthy kill, with a rifle, a good shot straight to the brain, with the creature having no idea it's being hunted because to me it's that fear thing. Any creature dying in fear especially a prolonged one of dogs chasing boar or suchlike can't be a good thing. If you can stick to veges and pulses 'cause they'll definitely keep you alive and healthy and if it's meat on the side then leftovers like meat on the bones and offal which no-one really wants... why not.