View Single Post
Old 26-05-2022, 05:58 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Nicely said, Pixie. I like rewording the 4NTs, and instead of saying 'there is suffering' as abstract knowledge, saying 'this is suffering' as acknowledgement of the immediate, subjective apprehension.

I think the thread is very interesting, 'desire'. I have no idea what 'innate desire' is, but can maybe break things down in a way that semantically differentiates 'desire' (tanha) from 'suffering' (dukkha).
"Tanha" can be thought of as Desire-Want, while Dukkha is Desire-Striving.

Suffering has to do with not being able to achieve soul growth or soul development, such as being locked up and deprived of freedom to socialize, learn and explore, or taking drugs and being in an intoxicated state, or even self-harm as in committing suicide, so as not being able to complete a full life experience. (source of information about methods of limiting soul growth and development)

Pain just means that the body is hurting, and there is a decrease in Physical Body Expectation. It's the body's way of saying "No", as in expressing Anger Emotional Repression.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 16-06-2022 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences