View Single Post
Old 27-07-2023, 12:43 AM
Suspended
Master
Years ago, I found an old article that discussed the possibility of measles, the flu and diptheria to cause latent TB to turn active. Later, I found some other articles that mention other diseases, too, such as pertussis. Also, being infected with both HIV and TB increases the risk that the TB will turn active and the HIV infection turns into AIDS faster. The BCG vaccine for TB is used in a lot of countries, but not in the USA. Its not 100% effective, but measles, flu, diphtheria, etc. vaccines are highly effective. Preventing active TB seems to be another good reason to make sure you're vaccinated against measles, flu and diphtheria. In the summer of 2020 when I found out that the MMR vaccine provided protection against COVID, the next day I went to the pharmacy and got the first dose of the MMR vaccine and then got the second dose a month later. MMR = measles mumps rubella

This is interesting, activation of latent TB by COVID.

Activation of tuberculosis in recovered COVID-19 patients: a case report
Quote:
In these two cases, the authors observed the development of active TB after a period of COVID recovery. Two patients who were admitted to the hospital complained mainly, among other symptoms, of fever and a continuous cough after a period of COVID-19 recovery.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9949802/