View Single Post
Old 16-11-2021, 10:58 AM
Pathfinder

The experience was death, I assure you, but if the semantic distinction bothers you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
.. but whatever you experienced wasn't death else you wouldn't be here,....
Some individuals report so-called near death experiences and think they have died and then returned to life; but that's not the case.
What you experienced is interesting, is likely unusual and could be unique but it wasn't death.
I respectfully disagree entirely. What you're pointing out is a semantic difference devoid of pertinence in my opinion. My heart was stopped. That is clinically dead. Death is only one way once a certain window has elapsed. Would you prefer I describe to you my experience of dying in previous lives? It was essentially the same, just faster, more permanent, less painful in many cases.
I'm not married to any specific words, because language is ultimately arbitrary. That said, the leaking, slipping, getting cold, sensations of death were there each time, as well as the sudden stoppage followed by finding myself outside my body, looking at my very dead body. I assure you that within the 5 minute window after the heart stops the transition and the experience known as death is exceptionally fluid, though making it so hurts. It hurts one's soul on a very fundamental level, so I suppose for most it could be considered one way...

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 16-11-2021 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences