View Single Post
Old 20-09-2020, 06:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Yes, the Seth stuff is interesting reading. I read that with the advent of relativity and quantum mechanics in the first half of the twentieth century a good deal of new age philosophies and beliefs came about incorporating some of the weirder implications and speculations of what the science was showing. If Seth is not legit, and to be fair, it does take a good deal to accept a story like that, then those who created the material must have spent a good deal of time getting ahold of and researching whatever material was available in those pre internet days. I did not know much about Seth until the last couple of years. So when I started reading it I was struck but how much of what is said is in line with some of the conclusions that I had settled into myself from being interested in the newer theoretical physics and its potential implications. Had I come across it earlier in my life I would have most likely tossed it aside as nonsense.
One Seth idea that strikes me lately is the idea that we are multidimensional beings living more then one life experience simultaneously. I could not begin to explain it as it is really only something of a feeling, but I do often feel like this reality we are living is not a singular thing, but rather many going on at once and not necessarily being experienced separately. I have mostly interpreted the quantum wave collapse as probable possibilities of many worlds being filtered by consciousness into the awareness and experience of only one outcome we call 'real'. Sort of a hybrid of the Copenhagen and Many Worlds interpretations. Kind of like tuning a TV to only one show out of the many transmitting through the airways. In other words there is not really many different versions of me all experiencing those other many different worlds at the same time. They many worlds are there in the probability wave, but it is my awareness of only one of them that makes the difference. But lately I have been wondering about that again. Maybe if somehow, beyond my ability to understand it, there really are as many versions of me as there are versions of Everette's many worlds and I am all of them at once. How that works with me feeling so individual and singular in this one world is of course well beyond the capability of this one me to comprehend... if it is the case at all, but who knows what one cannot know.
Either way I suppose if I find myself in a reality and world not to my liking, then I have myself to blame as I either rode the crest of a collapsing quantum probability wave of my choosing to end up here (with all you crazy people), or perhaps I am the surface of that ocean and sending all of those waves to crash against the beach and watching them all at once. ???

Or perhaps more likely I am just going nuts, but hey, so is everyone else these days in my current apparent experience of reality, so why not.

....hmmm, I thought I read something from you that sounded like this "somewhere" else! Must be deja vu (doo)

At any rate, your words reminded me of this: https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...9&postcount=19
How is it possible to know your "future" ?
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 20-09-2020 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Add reference