View Single Post
Old 16-05-2020, 04:51 AM
Master
Here is a beauty! I just thought I would share this.

Each year, I receive an automated quote for my car insurance. For the past ten years, it has been $400 per year and this year it was no different...except for the fact I have another car now, so I had to update those details with the insurance company...I was in for a very rude shock.

I had the quote in front of me that I received a month ago for my old car...it said total amount payable: $400 (as per usual).

I rang the insurance company to send me out a new policy for the same amount, just with a different registration number and they said: "sorry, no can do"...for you see, 6 months ago, I lost 2 demerit points on my driving license (2 out of 12...I still have 10 demerit points left) for forgetting to put my driving glasses on, which was specified on my license, so I was pulled over and I copped a $350 fine and lost 2 demerit points for "failing to comply with the conditions of my license"...and the bloody insurance company knew because they were able to pull my driving records...

They told me that the quote I received was printed in error and that the $400 quote ONLY applied to what they call "good drivers" who have zero demerit points...they told me that I would need to add another $150 onto that because I have lost 2 demerit points..so, it brings it up to $550 instead.

With that, I said "okay, if that is the case, can you please send me an updated policy for $550 then?"

With that, they said "not so fast...we also notice that you don't have any other policies with us...no comprehensive insurance...no home and contents...that $550 is for "bad drivers" who also have an existing policy with us...let me explain how this works...
$400 is for "good drivers" who have other policies with us.
$550 is for "good drivers" who don't have other policies with us or "bad drivers" who do.
$650 is for "bad drivers" who don't have any other policies with us...and that is you...and that is how much your car insurance is going to cost this year".
I simply said "thanks, but this year, I will be shopping around for a cheaper quote after being with you for the past ten years.."

Realizing full well that if I still had the same old car, I would have got away with paying the $400 as I have done for every year prior to this.

How's THAT for "misrepresentation"?