View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 01:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie
To concern oneself with the concerns and or anything to do with this corrupt system,doesn't that perpetuate the system and keep one in the loop in the mind?

What's the point of keeping one foot in the door,when it achieves nothing.

Like throwing good money after bad.

War achieved nothing.

Other than keeping this fear based and ego driven system going.

The economy is sinking,it's the only way to go,to start again without capitalism and greed being the driver.

We'll get where we need to go.

Whatever happens,happens.
It all started with me trying to understand the Behavioural Psychology behind "panic buying" when faced with even the slimmest chance of facing an "unknown threat".

Because I have Asperger's Disorder myself, everything that neurotypical (normal) people do during the course of their lives, makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever and I spend most of my life wondering how it is possible for it to make any sense to THEM...but I guess I would need to be a neurotypical person myself to understand that...which I am not...and so, I exist in a total, constant dilemma.

Often, I will blame God, Satan or just "human stupidity" for making other people different to me and there is NO "connection" there, because I really have NO "human behaviours" in common with the next being that calls itself "human", and so it is also painfully and existentially isolating...thus I look for published, academic "answers" from the realms of human psychology and economics to keep me pacified.

It was during one such foray today, that I came across the concept of LOSS AVERSION, which is something you would need a functioning "Theory of Mind" (which I don't have) to understand it in the same way that a non-Autistic person would...

http://psychology.iresearchnet.com/s...loss-aversion/

It is more important to people NOT to lose something than to gain something of equal or greater value... possibly as the direct result of that saying "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" and this is what drives decision making and spending habits... including saving or hoarding for a "rainy day" during the middle of a drought.

Some people are "planners" who will anticipate every eventuality in their lives for the next ten years and put plans in place now to anticipate every permutable outcome...then spend their lives in constant worry, usually dying of a heart attack or stroke by age 60...forget any virus that could take their lives before that.

Others (like me) take each day as it comes...flying by the seat of my pants and dealing with problems as they arise....it is more exciting and less stressful for me that way, but I am constantly abused and tormented/tortured by the former personality type for my "lack of responsibility", my "failure to plan ahead", and basically not wanting to end up as physically/mentally ill as THEY are.

People misrepresent the truth because the truth hurts...it is painful, decisive, derisive, blunt, separating and categorizing....so people misrepresent the truth to "soften the blow" and then rely on our individual naivite to buy it according to how much of it we are willing to accept without making us totally insane.