View Single Post
Old 24-04-2016, 05:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
The one thing we can be sure of is that if God him/her/its-self really wanted us to know of him/her/it (as we somehow imagine he/she/it should be) then the Bible would be telling us exactly the same today as it once presumably did. And it would be clear, concise and precise so that everyone would be able to understand it without question. Just like the Highway Code in fact.
I've said it my whole adult life and I'll continue to say it; the Bible is a confusing, sometimes utterly evil, uncaring, unloving collection of fabricated imaginings of misled people.
In many ways it is that which was never said in this book that would be the most important information the world needs/needed to get off its backside.
To think that theology, something quite unfounded is taught at our universities - we deserve what we get.

I don't necessarily agree with society's interpretation of the book, but from God's point of view I'm not sure at all things could be stated as clearly as you want them to be. I find that sometimes, clarity the way you seem to want it can be bad for me.

Anyway it always seemed silly to me to give lip service to the idea of miracles and then with the next breath say 'but men were inefiicient in translating and men had machieavellin intentions as to what was edited in and out, therefor the whole book is worthless'.

Do I really have so little faith as to believe that if god wanted something in his book he couldn't put it in his book regardless of other circumstances? Jesus can heal the sick or raise the dead or turn water into wine or walk on water or still the stormy seas, but god can't sprinkle the words he wants to write into the pages of a mere book just because men were involved in editing it too? Should I honestly believe that men really have this power over God? Or is it just a matter of having so little faith as to believe god wouldn't care enough to actually say what he wants to say?

Or is it simply that I want to believe what I want to believe and don't care for much else, and am totally willing to ignore any 'evidence' that doesn't seem to resonate with my own desire for how things should be. Even having had it drummed into me from an early age that one of the most basic tenets of something like science is to look at things as the are not as I want them to be?