View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 08:44 PM
Suspended
Master
I found this recently:

Quote:
Theobromine is a stimulant frequently confused with caffeine. Theobromine affects humans similarly to caffeine, but on a much smaller scale. Theobromine is mildly diuretic (increases urine production), is a mild stimulant, and relaxes the smooth muscles of the bronchi in the lungs. In the human body, theobromine levels are halved between 6-10 hours after consumption. Because of its ability to dilate blood vessels, theobromine also has been used to treat high blood pressure. Theobromine has very different effects on the human body from caffeine; it is a mild, lasting stimulant with a mood improving effect, whereas caffeine has a strong, immediate effect and increases stress. A normal portion of chocolate exhibits psychopharmacological activity.

https://www.scienceofcooking.com/cho...-chocolate.htm

I found that if I eat a lot of Lidl dark chocolate that I tend to feel wide awake like I took a stimulant and my blood pressure goes up. It might have a lot of caffiene in it. I also found that if I eat Pascha dark chocolate chips (heated in a bowl and mixed with stevia or honey and cooled) it doesn't seem to raise my blood pressure.