View Single Post
Old 16-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
For what it's worth, what I've learned is that it's our behaviour that's more important that the religious experience. The religious experience is supposed to wake you up to God in your life (however you wish to define that) and, having been thus exposed, you would naturally become more spiritual (more loving, kind, compassionate, wiser etc.) in all your actions - all your thinking, feeling and doing. If you feel that you are already doing that without having any religious experience, then...great. But if you feel that you are holier than those around you, then I would say have a good look in the mirror. Jesus said we need to become as innocent as children to enter the kingdom of heaven and children never go around full of themselves and how holy they are. That's an adult thing.
Never saw this post or Geometry's .

Great words!!!

Great, great, great! Yup.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru