Thread: Deer Season!!!!
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2018, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Hey Lucky
I relate with your spiritual journey in preparation and during hunt and after. So many blessings come from it. Of course I say my prayers when I go to the grocery store as well but usually that we survive the trip. I also treat plants with great respect also if gathered or bought. I respect that whatever is in my hand to eat came from the beginning and it's species survived from seed to seed all the way back. But the hunter and gatherer, that is a commitment of becoming one with the land and surroundings and animals and signs, enduring great pains and suffering, sometimes for no meat or plant and still be thankful also seeing the great beauty and majesty of it all working together, seeing amazing things and feeling amazing moments. Also the great benefit of the story telling and sharing with family friends and community all from 1 kill. Learning many skills and passing them on.(Or you can just go to the store I guess.Something always has to die for us to eat)
I get ya.

Well whadaya know?......... Someone else on here who gets it!

So far I am on what feels like "blown stalk" number five-thousand-and-seven!

Got close.......stepped on a stick.....and the deer bolted

Got close....the wind made a little swirl....the deer snorted getting a snoot full of "human"............and bolted

Got close to a small group........one of them made me out through the bushes.....................and they all bolted!!

We all hunt on foot and stalk up to bow range...meaning 30 yards or less.

It's hard hunting but the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

My 11 year old grandson on the other hand connected on the opening weekend....stalking to less than 15 yards of a buck and making a perfect shot.....

I swear that boy is just pure predator instinct wrapped in big smile!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!